Journal of Glass Studies, Vol. 37, 1995
Published in 1995 by The Corning Museum of Glass
George D. Scott closely examines the Lycurgus Cup, a remarkable cage cup from about the fourth century A.D. This issue also features a chemical analysis of pieces of medieval lead glass from northwestern Europe. In addition, important recent acquisitions, with photos, are listed.
Published since 1959, the generously illustrated Journal of Glass Studies is the only academic publication devoted entirely to the scholarship of the art, history, and early technology of glass.
- 225 pages; softcover.
- Measures approx. 10.75 inches H. x 8 inches W.